There is an ongoing need for qualified, caring CASA volunteers as children continue to be placed in the foster care system through no fault of their own.
Wednesday mornings, 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., in Bend (1010 NW 14th St., Bend) beginning September 19 through November 28 (no class November 21)
I’m interested in becoming a CASA volunteer. What do I do next?
"My CASA encouraged me to dream big and to never give up on my dreams. I don't know where I would have ended up without her help. She reminded me that my voice had value and should be heard." --Erin, age 16
Please Note: Due to the sensitive nature of this work, extensive background checks are conducted, including fingerprints, criminal and child welfare checks, and letters of personal reference.
- Pre-training interview with CASA staff to determine eligibility
- Complete Pre-Service Training which includes 30 hours of classroom time and 4 hours of courtroom observation
- Personal interview with a Circuit Court Judge
- Post-training interview with CASA staff to assess training progress and guide you toward completion
- Upon the successful completion of training, you will be sworn in as an officer of the court and are ready to be appointed your first child.