There is an ongoing need for qualified, caring CASA volunteers as children continue to be placed in the foster care system through no fault of their own.
I’m interested in becoming a CASA volunteer. What do I do next?
Bend, OR 97703
"My CASA encouraged me to dream big and to never give up on my dreams. I don't know where I would have ended up without her help. She reminded me that my voice had value and should be heard." --Erin, age 16
Please Note: Due to the sensitive nature of this work, extensive background checks are conducted, including fingerprints, criminal and child welfare checks, and letters of personal reference.
- Pre-training interview with CASA staff to determine eligibility
- Complete Pre-Service Training which includes 30 hours of classroom time and 4 hours of courtroom observation
- Personal interview with a Circuit Court Judge
- Post-training interview with CASA staff to assess training progress and guide you toward completion
- Upon the successful completion of training, you will be sworn in as an officer of the court and are ready to be appointed your first child.